Newsletter #5 (Feb 2007)
Hello to all my latest subscribers, and many apologies to all subscribers as I have not sent out a newsletter since August 2006! I hope that the main article gets you thinking, and I will try and send another newsletter out at Easter time!
Cool and Simple Ways to use Juggling Props
At the European Juggling Convention 2006 in Ireland, I ran a workshop about different ways for beginners to use all your juggling props. Because most people learn to juggle with scarfs or balls, any rings or juggling clubs you happen to carry around with you can remain largely unused in your workshop kit. These cool and simple tricks are mainly aimed at children and beginners, please enjoy!
Please let me know how you get on with these tricks and ideas, and if you have any more ideas, then please let me know!
Juggling Store News
80 new products since August 2006! Lots to tell you about…
- DVD’s – A whole new selection of DVDs (including snakewater, kuka pop juggling, trilobite, ReMaster, Ivan Pecel Advanced Instructional DVD) to help you to learn more about using your favourite props.
- Christian Resources – If you have never heard of Gospel Juggling (or Gospel Magic, Puppetry, Balloon modelling, Unicycling, skipping, lassoo etc) then have a look at this new selection of books finally available in the UK!
- Speed Stacking Cups – The new craze sweeping the UK.
- Lunastix Devilsticks – I have several versions of this excellent product to sell, including the Kids, Equinox and Master Lunastix.
Please visit my Online Juggling store to view all my products.
During 2006, I performed and ran workshops over 100 times! I hope that I can be just as busy this coming year!
The Boys Brigade asked me to submit 6 activity sheets for their BB Circus Skills Badge programme which is due to be published in April 2007.
- 2007 is the Centenary Year for Scouts. If you are in need of a juggler for your event, then please get in touch! (please note that 26 May is fully booked!)
- Glow Juggling during the winter months, I began using glow props, and have developed some routines with them for indoor and outdoor events. Glow props are much safer to use than fire props, and from the feedback I have received, they can be much more enjoyable too!
- I took part in a parade in Oban at CHRISTmas time (using my glow props and performing just in front of the reindeer!). This was followed by 3 of us jugglers doing a fire show in the main square, then the CHRISTmas lights being switched on. Afterwards, we got to meet First Minister Jack McConnell who shook our hands and told us what a wonderful job we had done!
Professional Juggler and Retailer